- Canberra Based firm | Support the global team
- $80,000 – $95,000 + super, based on experience
- Full time permanent role based in Canberra
Safetrust is an international start-up specialising in digital identity solutions. We develop hardware, mobile applications and cloud-based identity management software for Fortune 500 companies in Australia and overseas. We specialise in credential management, specifically focusing on mobile credential issuance and management for Safetrust’s enterprise customers. You will be working with a team of security and IT experts with decades of enterprise and government experience and a track record of launching successful companies. Our teams are based in Canberra, Silicon Valley and Vietnam and we are growing rapidly.
About the role
We’re looking for a smart, capable, IT professional who is willing to take on a variety of IT-related tasks and be part of our growing company. The role will be reporting to the Director of IT and DevOps and will be based in our Canberra office but can include some work from home.
As a key member of the team, you must be able to:
- Assist with designing, deploying and maintaining cloud, server and workstation infrastructure
- Assist with the monitoring of infrastructure and resolving any issues and outages
- Design, install and configure equipment such as routers, firewalls, switches, cabling, and network devices
- Build, maintain and test a local lab environment containing our in-house hardware
- Work outside of normal business hours to resolve critical issues or provide maintenance
- Manage the day-to-day completion of allocated tickets
- Participate in security reviews
- Participate in the build cycle including testing and release management
- Provide exceptional support to customers, including travel to client sites when required to provide in-person services.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to learn and take on additional duties.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology
- Experience in similar IT roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
To be successful in this role, you must show:
- Interest and experience across a broad range of technology such as:
- Virtualisation – Vmware, HyperV
- Microsoft – Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019
- Linux – Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat
- Network – WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- General programming knowledge
- Scripting technologies – Python, Batch, Powershell
- Experience and passion for IT Security including PKI
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a small team
- Documentation skills and the ability to translate technical concepts for non-technical audiences
- Good stakeholder and client management skills, including supporting technical staff from large global customers and partners
Due to the nature of the work, this role will require applicants to be Australian Citizens willing to acquire a security clearance.
What we offer
Opportunity to work in a small, innovative start-up at the cutting edge of digital identity management. The company’s leadership has a track record of establishing successful IT businesses in Australia and overseas. The role will provide experience in a wide range of technologies while also allowing for self-directed projects.
Please send your cover letter and resume by clicking on the apply button. Your application will be assessed within 5 working days. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.