- East Bay area-based firm | Join the accounting department
- Full-time, Exempt Employee located in Fremont
- Availability: Immediate
Safetrust is a provider of digital credentials within mobility and IoT, with offices in the United States, Vietnam, and Australia. Safetrust provides solutions that combine software and hardware, that allow customers to access their buildings, log onto their computers, sign and encrypt data, and access web-based resources securely, by using their mobile device or wearable. Safetrust products are shipped to customers and supported, either directly, as is the case with some Fortune 200 companies, or through a Channel Partner Program.
About the role
Safetrust is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant to join their accounting department in Fremont, CA. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Controller, and tasks will entail pro-actively managing accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and assisting with month-end close. The role is full-time on-site.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform daily accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Process daily invoicing and customer payments
- Make collection calls for past-due invoices
- Assist in processing year-end 1099 and W2
- Perform bank reconciliation
- Process credit inquiries
- Assist in processing bi-weekly payroll
- Process personal and credit card expense reports
- Assist in all aspects of the month-end close process
- Prepare journal entries and supporting schedules
- Assist with monthly physical inventory reconciliation
- Assist and back up with monthly balance sheet reconciliation, income analysis, actual vs budget, and produce financial statements
- Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses as needed
Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP and accrual accounting
- Well-organized and self-driven.
- Accurate and attentive to details
- Excellent communication, organizational, written, and English language skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, and other software programs pertaining to the position)
- Experience with QuickBooks Advanced, NetSuite, SOS Inventory, Melio
- BS degree in Accounting or Associate degree with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive accounting and/or bookkeeping experience
- Ability to sit for a 7-hour shift
If you are passionate about accounting, have a strong work ethic, and are eager to learn and grow with our team, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application will be assessed within five working days. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.